Monday, June 16, 2008

Introducing (Part 1).... Colin and Jason!

Since we have currently completed all of the 9 RUSH Challenges already (the last one was held at FF Uptown on Saturday, 14th June) and teams have exactly one week to prepare for the Miracle '08 Event Finale on this Saturday at the Piazza, The Curve for their respective 5-minutes team performances.

And since some of you were very eager to follow our team's progress throughout this charity challenge, and were like practically checking out this blog everyday, if not the first webpage you check as you log online - but the lack of challenges means that we would have nothing interesting to write the whole of this week...


The RATTs after BodyAttack @ IOI Mall

But don't worry, because we're gonna take this opportunity to introduce each of our team member of The RATTs in this "Introducing..." entry series. In each entry, we'll introduce each of our team member and a little on their background, the role that they play and how each of them contribute towards the team.

====

Introducing.... Colin!

In this first instalment, the team has asked me to be the first one to start... So here I am, writing an entry about myself. Haha. Perasan right? :P

Well, my name is Colin and I'm the democratically "elected" (in order words, was chosen unanimously without having any say LOL) as the team leader of The RATTs. So hmmm... If you want to know bout more bout my profile and stats etc you can point that browser to my Facebook profile... Or you can ask me in person because no one wants to read about it in this entry, right? :D

But perhaps you'd like to know that since the whole Miracle RUSH Challenge began nearly 4 weeks ago, I've already lost about 3kgs... All the Balance/Attack/Jam/Combat/RPM Challenge/Step/Vive/Pump and all that running during the last Challenge at Uptown and performance practice are finally showing some results... Some of my friends have remarked that I've slimmed down a bit, but I can assure you that it's a temporary phase and once the event ends this Saturday, me weight will start to pile up again. Hahahaha.


Colin with the Green Score Card

Although I've been rather busy with work and other prior engagements, I guess that in my team, Simon and I have not missed any of the 9 challenges so far, and that's a fact that we both are proud off. All that travelling, sweating and all the fun - attending the class, solving the clues and winning the individual challenges have all made this charity drive even more memorable for me. And what's more fantastic is that I'm being able to do it with my very close group of friends and that's something that I would never wanna trade for, ever!

And as the team leader of The RATTs - Actually there's no "real" team leader in our team, but we have 'heads' that are in-charge of certain important fields to ensure that our teams works well throughout the event. For me, the term "team leader" just means that I'm the team representative and contact point and that's about it really. Like if there's a meeting or briefing, I'll be there. If I have to chose something I'll be there but of course all decisions are first discussed with our team members before we make up our mind. For everything else, we have a person who will oversee it, as well as an assistant shall the need arises.


Abusing my power as Team Leader, "SIMON! DON'T STOP!" :P

In my team, it is my main responsibility to overlook two very important areas - Overall Coupon Sales as well as our Cyber-Campaign.

For the Overall Coupon Sales, I keep track of our overall coupon booklet sales statistics from each of our team members, making sure that we always have adequate spare booklets (I'll prepurchase some booklets in advance) to issue out shall the need arises. It's quite a daunting task to keep track of the coupon sales, as we receive quite a number of contributions, some in the form of cash while some were in the form of cheques. So it was my responsibility to follow up with the Marketing Department of Fitness First to ensure that the cheques are cleared on time, and that booklets were issued for them so that they can be passed back to our doners. I also keep all coupon-related documents with me - including our Team Passport, our clue sheets and also the coupon-verification sheets which was submitted during our last RUSH Challenge at Uptown.


One of the first entries on our blog!

In the field of Cyber-Campaign, we draw some experience from the previous national elections... Where blogs and online websites play an important role in disseminating information, and as the official The RATTs webmaster, it was my idea to come out with our blog, theratts.blogspot.com. I've been maintaining this blog and have been regularly updating entries for each of the 9 Challenges so far (for each RUSH Challenge, there is one pre-challenge and one post-challenge entry) and it has been quite an exhaustive task as some of the entries require hours of brain storming and writing.

But I'm happy because I know that all our friends, supporters and visitors who read the blog enjoys the entry, as much as I did writing them, so it's all good. Besides the blog, I've also created an Event Page for our group in Facebook to promote more awareness of the event as well as to further promote our team.


The RATTs Facebook Event Page

So that basically sums up what I do in my team, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continuous support! :)

========

Introducing.... Jason!

Next up, is no other than the youngest guy in our group, Jason. Jason's the baby boy of the group, but I can assure you that this boy is nothing but small. Hahaha.


Jason aka Honnie!

Jason works in Cyberjaya and he refuses to drive all the way to work from home (he takes the bus from 1U to Cyberjaya) and as a result, he missed our 5th RUSH Challenge RPM classes because it was held way too early. But he did arrive in time to see me, Nat and KK riding till our legs sore in RPM Challenge... Haha.

Jason brings a lot of comedy and comic relief to our group, and he's just a joy to be with. And similar with me, Jason too have lost some kilo's since the challenge started several weeks ago... Hahaha. And in the course of this challenge, he has had the chance to try several new programs that he has not tried before eg BodyVive (eh sukanya!) and BodyAttack (eh bencinya!). Hahahaha.

Jason is our official cameraman for the team, as most of the pics and videos on the blog comes from his lens. Some of the nice pics in the blogs came from him and he has also managed to shoot some very memorable videos throughout the challenge so far which never fails to bring all of us to laughter each time we see it. I still laugh when I see the videos that I appear in!

Besides that, Jason also helps Simon with our team performance. Jason, like Simon is 'gifted' (unlike me) and catches the movements rather easily and with great style. So when Simon is taking a break, he'll drill me, KK and Nat through our routines like an evil ....... LOL. Hahahahaha. I'm just kidding. He's not that bad ok? And the last time I check, he's still single.... Haha.

=========

So it's just me and Jason for the first entry! Check it out tomorrow and see who'll be featured next!


Posted by: Colin
Pics by: Jason

No comments: