Sunday, June 8, 2008

Challenge 6 - Stepping Up... To the Movies!

Hey there peeps!

I know some of you were so eager to find out how our team did during the last challenge at Wisma SPK and been waiting to read this entry, so here it is!

Our 6th Challenge brought all teams to Wisma SPK for an early afternoon BodyStep class. It was the first time that a challenge was conducted on a Saturday, and unfortunately for some of The RATTer's, three of them were unable to make it for this round. KK was out for a wedding luncheon, Jason was on holiday with his family for a Penang getaway while Natalie has some prior engagements.

So for this round, it was up to Simon and me... Haha. But we were lucky that some friends chose to come with us to support us during the class considering that there were just the both of us. Le Roy accompanied us to the gym, while Osman and Mike attended the BodyStep with us.

We arrived at the gym bout 11-ish, and went downstairs to stretch a bit while also took the time to er, perfect some moves. Hahaha. Under Simon's strict supervision of course... Hahah. Osman was there to guide me (I'm execution-challenged) so yeah, learn a couple of things that I didn't quite realise before.

For this round, most of the other teams came in full force - and most we're in colour themed as well. Roland conducted the class, and some of the songs were really nice, except I got lost in the middle when we went "Round The World"... Hahahaha.


Osman, Colin, Roland, Simon & Mike in our RUSH pose!

After the class, teams approached Alvin for the next clue as Nick, the GXM of Wisma SPK was nowhere to be seen. Hahaha. So like the HITZ.fm fugitive like that... :P


Posing by the stairs of FF Wisma SPK with GXM Nick

Eventually teams caught up with Nick at the lower floor of the gym, and after verifying points for team's attendance, we were handed our next task before we were able to claim the clue for the 7th RUSH Challenge.

For this 'roadblock', teams were given a list of 10 very memorable movie quotes. Teams were then given approximately 15 minutes to figure out which movies these quotes were taken from, and I guess we were kinda lucky coz I'm a movie buff! :D

There were 10 movie quotes (forgotten 2 of them but shades reminded me), so guys, try and guess first if you can figure them out before refering to the answer at the bottom of this entry (The movie titles must be complete, as titles may be part/from sequels.)

======

1) Love means never having to say you're sorry

2) Mrs Robinson, you are trying to seduce me? (Corrected from shades)

3) Hasta la vista, baby.

4) Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration, I've decided *not* to endorse your park.

5) You... complete me.

6) My love... my... preciousssss.

7) Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

8) Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. Does whatever a Spider-Pig does.

9) You jump, I jump.

10) Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

======

I managed to get 6 of them (out of 10, 6 were more recent and contemporary movies) while 4 more were considered as classic movies. We had some problems with the classic movies so we called our resident-classic-movie-genius, Kok Hoe for some assistance. Hahaha. In total we managed to get 9 answers, except for the first one.

Team Disney offered to help us (nice of them!) and they managed to get 9 of them, with the exception of No. 5 in the list above which I knew :P Hehe. So in the end, we agreed to help them and soon we also got confirmation of our last unconfirmed answer.

We passed our answer sheet to Alvin Looi for checking, and for the first time since the challenge began, bonus points were being awarded for the roadblock tasks. Each correct answer will be awarded with 10 points and guess what, our teams received the full 100 points! Great job team! :)

After that, teams received the 7th RUSH Challenge clue... Which was cryptic... And involved some solving... "I may not be as tall as my two neighbours" (Get it?) and so guys, see ya guys there on Tuesday night for the 845pm class! Wooot!


And the answers to the movie quotes above:

1) Love Story
2) The Graduate
3) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
4) Jurassic Park
5) Jerry McGuire
6) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings
7) Casablanca
8) Simpsons: The Movie
9) Titanic
10) Gone With The Wind

How many did you score? :D


Posted by: Colin
Pics by: Simon

6 comments:

shades said...

Oi...

For #2, the quote was"

“Mrs Robinson, you are trying to seduce me.”

Here are some that didn't make it to the roadblock:

"You've got me? Who's got you?!!!?"


"I've got a bad feeling about this..."


"You expect me to talk?"
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!"

yw[2k] said...

Okie, I've corrected No. 2 already... :D

What is the other one that I forgot ah? And what was the quote from Gone With The Wind?

1 - Dunno? You've Got Mail?
2 - This one quite general eh? :X
3 - One of the Bond movies... I'm guessing James Bond's Goldfinger? The Man with the Golden Gun?

shades said...

YOU JUMP, I JUMP.

FRANKLY MY DEAR, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

answers:

1. Superman - the part when lois lane fell off the building and Superman caught and said, "Don't worry, I've got you."

2. Yup, quite general... uttered by various characters Star Wars 1-6 :)

3. Goldfinger

Anonymous said...

congrats for scoring full 100 points... what's the clue for the next one eh? dont quite get it.. :-p

Anonymous said...

where else.. KLCC la
maxis ah...
BODYVIVE lo..
hee hee

yw[2k] said...

Heheh... Yes you r right anonymous... :)

Not bad I got Goldfinger right... Hahahaha.

I've updated all the 10 movie quotes in the entry already, thanks shades :)

Let's see if you guys can guess this few out:

1) What's worst than the total agony of being in love?

2) Talk to the hand.